Monday, June 15, 2009

Betsey, the dress.

New Sewing Project! Yay!
My 3rd Dress: Betsey

I made this dress using an upcycled bustier and building from it. I love how it turned out. I used a great polkadot netting/tulle type fabric. The dress is fully lined, with an invisible zip at the side and a very low back for a sexy line. The sweetheart bust is thanks to the bustier, and there is rouching down the center to pronounce the bust line. The skirt of the dress is A-line, with three layers of fabric and gathers for a fuller skirt.

All in all, this was my first dress like this, and the 3rd dress I've made in total.. this is the only one I've liked so far. I used no pattern, just.. started sewing away..

I'm wearing it to a gala tomorrow, and if it is warmly received I might consider offering it in my shop on Etsy.

It took about 5 hours to make, give or take.

No comments: