Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Aprons from Dresses, ohmy!

I had intended to write last night. And the night before. But with working and then coming home to cook dinner, sew, and garden, it's fallen by the wayside.

Trying to get a business off the ground is exciting but racked with small potholes that if you're not careful, you might just trip over and land flat on your face. I'm busy working on Divina//Denuevo, and this was my first reclaimed-clothing creation.

DeNuevo Apron

This apron, made from an old dress I bought in Thailand that never fit (silly me for buying something I couldnt try on!), is perfect for pottering around the kitchen and washing the dishes. I found I was getting water all over me more than anything as I'm still washing dishes by hand (some day, some day, a dishwasher will grace me).

I thought about making it fancier with pockets and the like- but really, when I'm cooking in the kitchen, what on earth do I want pockets for!? I don't really see the point, and I wanted to save the fabric as much as possible to be able to make one of my "Kim" handbags too. I made that last night (pictures to follow when I get home from work- blogging at work, naughty naughty).
I also have enough fabric to make another one.. so 2 DeNuevo bags and one DeNuevo apron! Huzzah for that little dress!

No comments: