Wednesday, June 25, 2008

3 bags in two days - I'm my own sweatshop!

In the last two days I've managed to make three different bags. This new design, Ariel, came about when I was planning on making a "Kim" bag. On a whim I decided to throw in a couple pleats (which, since were done last minute were difficult thanks to the sturdy interfacing). In order to conceal the top's jagged shape because of the pleats, I added another layer of fabric and folded it over- I think it gives it a nice clean look. But then I realised the bag was getting lost in its print, which is why the big black bow came to the rescue..

New Design - Ariel
And voila, Ariel!


I fell in love with this fabric- I'm a sucker for houndstooth, tweeds, herringbone- all that goodness. But this, with the teal, well, how could I not? I'm thinking of buying more and even making a dress or a skirt - when I feel super adventurous.

But, not content to make "kim" bags only, I freestyled a new design. I just decided to cut and cut and sew and sew, and this is what I ended up with:

New Design - Alexandra

Her name is Alexandra, and she came to work with me today because I love her so much.

It was fun to make something different, though she came out more "sac" like than I would have wanted.. she's slouchy, I'm planning on using some interfacing next time for a sturdier look. She's only got the cotton shell fabric and the thick navy satin lining holding her, plus the super cute damask ribbon as handles. I love the trim idea, so I think it'll be making more appearances in the future!


And lastly, my first creation out of this little set, my ladybug "kim".

Ladybug "kim" bag

Dresssew was having a sale on the piping, which was going for $1.00 per ROLL! So of course I bought red, pink, green and blue! they're my new easy-cheat handles.. for the times that I can get away with non-matching handles..

But how cute are those ladybugs!?


No comments: