Thursday, June 19, 2008

Domestic Day

Today was spent doing everything around the house. Vacuuming, mopping, dusting, laundry, sewing, dishes, the works. Liz came over with a bundle of clothes for me to fix for her, and I snapped my one and only needle on the bottom of her jeans while fixing their taper. So I'm "out of action" until I can run off and buy a new needle for my sewing machine.

Luckily, a couple days before, I had a chance to play around with a new design idea I had.
I don't really like it, but I suppose I had to make it to realise that! I'm not sure why I dont like it, since I like the idea of a curved bag.. there's just something not right. Could be that it's a bit sloppy looking. It's not sellable so I have no idea what I'll do with it- seems a waste.

New Design - Diana

I named her Diana, after the moon, since she's moon shaped. Turquoise lining is so yummy.

Then I made a Lucy bag out of the same old dress that I made the apron out of- this is for my DeNuevo line of reused fabric bags.
DeNuevo "Lucy"

DeNuevo "Lucy"

I gave her fushia lining since its so pretty and bright!


Now comes the little dilemma we've been having as of late. Now that the dining nook (and yes, its a nook.. this place is so tiny EVERYTHING is a nook) is finally coming together, I want to paint the trimming on the built in shelves. Only I cannot for the life of me decide what colour they should be, and whether we should paint just the frame, or the curvey inlay, or both.

Suggestions welcome!

house

(its that frame/built in shelf thingy on the left with all the pots and bowls).

1 comment:

Kim said...

Why don't you try lining the back of the cabinet wall? You could use fabric or paper that you could remove as the mood hits.
Or try more of a scalloped edge that falls over the shelf, again you could use fabric or paper.
Tip if you use fabric be sure to back with wonder under of some type of interfacing to give some stiffness.
My mind is spinning with the possibilities.