Monday, August 18, 2008

Jane bags and website launch!

The other day I decided to take up my trainer's offer to showcase some of my purses at her gym. She called me the next day to say she had sold a purse and wanted more. She sold Li'l Kim, the one that I thought was the least attractive!

I started sewing like mad, and in one day managed to make a bunch of different Jane bags.. so.. without further ado:


Elegant Jane

Elegant Jane came about from Lady Kim. I set the cameo in Damask Ribbon, and it was all as an afterthought as I thought the plain polka dot pink bag needed a little something extra..

Lemonade Jane
Lemonade Jane is just like Lemonade Lucy, since I had left over lemon print fabric. The ribbon adds a nice touch and looks much nicer in person!


Country Jane
Country Jane is my favourite from this batch I think. She's understated and ladylike. Perfect for a long white skirt and big sunglasses. I love the fabric!

Cupcake Jane
How could I not call this "Cupcake Jane"? I mean, the pink polkadots and cute blue ribbon just lend itself to that cutesie cheesecake kind of look. I love the periwinkle silk lining. Yum!

Jane Picante!
I see this more as a little shopper bag, since the fabric makes me think of cooking. I think I may make an apron out of the rest of this fabric, no quite sure any one will want a handbag covered in chili peppers!


But.. on the upside.. MY WEBSITE IS DONE! of course, until I decide to change it all over again. for now, I love it. Check it out, since all the purses can be found for sale there..




1 comment:

Kim said...

The web site looks very good, I guess you feel better now that it's done. Congrats on the bag sale! Doesn't it feel great?
It's funny that you said it was your "least favorite", at my first show the only thing I sold was an apron that I didn't like at all and almost trashed. You never know?
Can't wait to see more of your creations.