Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lady Kim

I've been sewing again today- guess I got the urge!

I made another "Kim" bag, and here she is:

Lady Kim
Lady Kim

I was purely selfish in making this one. I love, LOVE, LOVE damask fabric. I splurged a little while ago and bought a ton of different types of damask print fabric, and this is the first of my endeavours with it. I really wanted this to turn out perfect because of how much i love the fabric, and of only having one fat quarter or it, so only being able to produce ONE bag out of it.


Lady Kim - inside
Anyways, I lined her with bright red silk, and then decided to top it off with a cameo. I used red ribbon to make the nest for the cameo, and then glued it in with silicon glue. Then added a pin to the back, so it's a removable brooch- makes it easy to dress the bag up, or dress it down for a more casual look (or if red isn't matching the outfit you're wearing)

I love it!

I like to think I'm getting better- or at least, I hope I am!

No comments: