Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Phew. Bad hair days and Jane.

It's been a bit of a shit day- so I'm cheering myself up by blogging about my latest creations. After a crap day at work, I got home and had a drink. On an empty stomach, so I found myself slightly tipsy. Then I went to have a piece of cheese and managed to have the cheese cutter break in half (its got a porcelain handle) spontaneously, leaving me with a cut on my thumb that wouldn't stop bleeding. Add to that a bunch of other crappy things going wrong, and you get one grumpy housewife.

So.. cheer up pictures!

New Design: Jane

this is a new bag concept: Jane. She's simple but chic. I love the metal handle hooks. This one was my first one, which I made on the fly with no pattern. I just kinda liked the idea and went for it after sketching it out. She's made out of gorgeous pink, red and creme striped pattern fabric and red cotton lining.

That led me to making my next one immediately after, Sailor Jane

Sailor Jane

This bag is too cute for words! Right before I started sewing I got the idea to really enhance the nautical theme of the blue and white pattern by adding the red ribbon. She's also a little american patriotic- though I think of her more as nautical style. I might make one with blue ribbon next to be even more nautical. So I stuck the ribbon into the sides and sewed away. Then I realised the first Jane bag had no way of closing, so I added the magnetic clasp. I think this design was one of the easiest to perfect: second try and sellable!

This next one was actually a Kim bag gone wrong. It ended up not being quite the right shape, but I loved the fabric too much to throw it away. So I just added the metal handle hooks and lined it in red.

Swirly

No comments: