Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Week Of Being Vegan - Day 3

Breakfast:
Handful of Sunflower seeds
Plum

Snack:
Starbucks lemonade
Starbucks fruit bar (only vegan thing!)

Lunch:
2 roti
Bowl of chopped tomatoes in balsamic vinegar in olive oil
2 plums

Dinner:
attempt at canned indian food - didn't taste good.. so bailed on that and ate a roti, a tomato, and some soy icecream.

I'm definitely eating wayyy less than I usually eat, which I guess is a good thing, and i'm not feeling it affect my mood or anything.. again, good. Starbucks was way easier to navigate than blenz, as they have some non-dairy foods as well as offering soy milk (which i didn't want). I had to ask what was vegan friendly in the foods dept, and they only had one bar, a fruit bar, which wasn't too bad - a bit bland though.

Still too early to tell, but I think my body is enjoying this break from heavy foods. I think i'm definitely going to have to have some more protein or energy foods, as there isn't a whole lot for me to burn through. I still feel lethargic and not wanting to work, but at least my eyes havent closed on me in the middle of the day like they are usually prone to do.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so not eating enough calories!! Your current diet is really bad press for true vegans. Please, for the sake of you health, but some lentil or canned beans, make your own indian curry, or Mexican rice and beans. A proper vegan diet consists of veges fruit whole grains and pulses. My guess is that your lethargy is coming from you not ingesting enough protein and slow release energy foods. Balance your diet. Do some research. Talk to other vegans!

Blue Morpho said...

thanks for the advice - the lethargy was actually BEFORE i started this vegan experiment - and has gone away considerably since I cut out dairy and meat. But I agree that I'm not eating enough pulses, I just am not a huge fan of beans! I do like chick peas, but I've been pretty lazy with the effort. I need to find something I really like and make more of it - I'm thinking tonight will be risotto and salad!