Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Week Of Being Vegan - Day 5 & 6

So I didn't post yesterday - but mainly because it was a busy saturday.

Breakfast was Kamut puffs with almonds (dry of course, but I hate milk with cereal.. i like the crunch.)

Lunch was eaten while hiking through Lynn Peak, and was humous with fresh veggies: peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers - yum. Cherries were for dessert - score!

Dinner was leftover risotto, and I'm glad I made so much!

Then today breakfast was virtually non existant - we were in a rush. But I did discover I don't dislike soy milk, like I thought I would. I went to Dulcinea, my favourite coffee shop and was sad I couldn't order their delicious hot chocolate - until the barista offered to make it for me with soy milk. Sat and played chess with my delicious drink - score! Home and had some more left over risotto, and a couple rotis. Then went for a coffee at starbucks with a friend, and felt perfectly comfortable asking for my caramel macciato to be made with soy milk - hurrah!

Went rock climbing later in the evening, so all in all, a good day.

And in other news, I had 3 wonderful things happen today.
1. My friend Anna told me someone stopped her while she was shopping on 4th to ask her where she got the handbag I had made for her. She gave the girl my website info. Yes!
2. Recieved an email on my etsy account from someone who had seen the steampunk style pendants I make on craftster.org and she asked if they were available for sale. Flattered beyond belief, I made an etsy shop for them: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5927191
3. At the climbing gym, the girl who was working the desk commented on the bag I was carrying - one I had made from my dad's old blazer and tie. I immediately, however blushing, told her I made it and gave her the card for my website.

wow - talk about a good day for business!

1 comment:

sab said...

I'm new to your blog so I know this is old but being vegan I feel I should comment with a great soy milk! Sensational Soy, best one I could find in Canada and I've had my share being an ethical vegan for the last 4 years.

http://www.sensationalsoy.com/

Also, you needed way more protien (imho) after reading your diet for the week. Sorry to tell you this but soy products are the only veg food where you can get complete(whole) protien. If you don't like tofu/tempeh and don't want "fake meat" then you should try making a curry dish or something using straight up soybeans. Otherwise you have to work hard and combine the proper foods to get complete protien.

Lastly, why no fake meat? (Fake cheese is just awful.) As a vegan\vegetarian for the past 10 years it's not that I didn't like the taste of all meat\dairy products. I didn't like the ethical implications of consuming them. So, I think that since I like the taste of those foods there is no reason why I shouldn't eat cruelty free substitutes for them.