Friday, July 3, 2009

The Week Of Being Vegan - Day 4

So I haven't really been good at being vegan.. until today. I've been lazy and haven't really bothered to prepare a good meal. I've been the equivalent of someone who just eats mac'n'cheese - except since I cant do that, it's been veggies, fruit, and roti.

Today started out no different:
breakfast was a handful of sunflower seeds and a banana and a plum
Snacked on another plum, and a roti
had a bowl of cut up tomatoes and balsamic vinegar and a roti for lunch, then ate some almonds to tide myself over.. but dinner.. dinner is where I cleaned up my act!I decided that since i love risotto with saffron and peas and corn, instead of making it with chicken like I usually do, I'd do it with chickpeas! So - this juicy dish is onions, garlic, olive oil, chickpeas, petite pois, sweet corn and brown rice - with saffron and sumac!


I served myself a 1.5 fistful portion, and the equivalent in salad of mixed greens, tomatoes, yellow peppers and cucumber, with seeds and nuts and dried cranberries.

YUM!

And I made leftovers, so even if I'm lazy, it'll be healthy lazyness!

No comments: