Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekend Missions and Taxes

I had a lot of plans for this last weekend. I was going to look for happy eggs. I was going to do my taxes. I was going to do the laundry. I was going to find an armoire for all our junk. I was going to.

But I didn't. And I blame it mainly on starting out on Saturday morning by trying to do my taxes. Needless to say - they aren't done. And it put the whole mission-filled-weekend into a spin. So I didn't make it out to the farms to find happy eggs. I did manage a dinner with my mom at "Le Bistro Chez Michel", which we've wanted to try out since it opened 9 years ago (but never got around to). Lovely food- though the creme  brullee was so bad that we left it. Ick.

But I earnestly attempted to find the armoire. I went to Ikea, United Furniture Warehouse, even walmart - but nothing. They had the right pieces in the wrong colour and the right colour in the wrong pieces. Finding a dark brown (espresson, dark cherry, mahogany) wood armoire seemed to be the hardest task of all. And so that ended up being abandoned.

It made no sense in light of all that to do the laundry - did it?

No comments: